Thursday, January 24, 2013

Meeting Hunter Kemper



Two weeks ago when I was working at the Walk Disney World Marathon Weekend running expo, I heard them announce that Hunter Kemper would be there meeting people. It's not everyday I get to meet an Olympian!

I took a break from working and ran over to say hi. Sadly, I was one of two people waiting to take a photo. I don't think runners appreciate triathletes much, even Olympians. Actually I know they don't because when I told people about meeting him later, they had no idea who he was.

Anyways, I told him I was a triathlete and a recent Ironman. He said he had ran the 1/2 marathon that morning in 1:09. Holy cow that's fast! It was pretty cool to meet someone I consider an elite athlete. Later I realized he must have thought I was ridiculous to be dressed as Snow White. Hey, that's my job! #teamsparkle

No comments:

Post a Comment