Monday, March 18, 2013

Losing Baby Weight


I just found some notes I took right before and after giving birth. I was kinda obsessed with my weight while pregnant because it was scary to see such high numbers. It's super interesting to see how fast the weight just fell off, especially since I was eating like a pig. I ate a whole apple pie in two days! That would be nice. Here are the stats:

9 months pre-baby: 108 lbs
Yes I was a bit underweight but that was because I was at peak race weight for Oceanside 70.3

6 days pre-baby: 145 lbs
Looks like I gained about 40 pounds. I was scared of tipping 150 or weighing more than Skyler. Thank goodness that never happened.

3 days post-baby: 133 lbs 
Des weighed almost 9 pounds, so I was surprised I didn't lose more.

5 days post-baby: 123 lbs
10 pounds in two days! Let's just say I had been a bit constipated during the last several days of being pregnant. Finally I wasn't anymore and my weight showed for it.

8 days post-baby: 119 lbs
Still losing weight even during the pie incident.

10 days post-baby: 117 lbs
Still have a big belly though. I didn't like all of that extra skin. Someone sent me a post-pregnancy velcro ab belt. It was supposed to help hold your stomach in and hold your abs in place when beginning exercising again. Thank goodness for this device because it made me feel and look somewhat normal.

Today: 110
I'm back to my normal weight as if nothing had happened. Those last 5 pounds took a while to come off, but I'd say I was back to normal in about 5 or 6 months.

Do I want to do this all over again? Des is going to need a sibling.....

No comments:

Post a Comment