Friday, March 29, 2013

Oceanside Here I Come!

Tomorrow is race day and I'm ready! It's not often that I feel I'm ready for a race, so maybe I'm being overconfident. I hope not, as I hope to PR. Here are my goals:

Swim
39
On par for the other years I've done this race

T1
5
I have a wetsuit that's easier to take off, so hopefully that will save me a minute 

Bike
3:10
My fastest is 3:16, but I'm hoping I've improved a bit in all these years, but then again cycling is my weakest leg.

T2
3

Run
1:45
This is where I plan to shine. My running has improved by leaps and bounds this year. I've proven to myself that I can still run fast after getting off the bike. 

Overall
5:45

Yes that's a tough goal, but as I mentioned before I feel prepared. So much of racing is mental to me. I need to realize that I CAN do it and I don't need to walk. I WILL have fuel in the tank to run. I CAN keep up that pace for another hour of the run. Positive talk. I CAN do it. I WILL do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment