Monday, September 16, 2013

Marathon Training Week #13

Race week. I purposely planned on making the Disneyland 1/2 marathon fall on a weekend where I needed to do 12 miles. I had high hopes for a PR, but my legs were still feeling tired. It was almost 3 week since I did my epic run in Kauai, but still hadn't recovered yet. This was really eating me and I felt discouraged. 3 weeks of bad runs was not leading me to think a PR was possible. Then, after working all weekend, and horrible weather (hot & humid), my fears were confirmed. I knew by mile 2 that a PR would not happen that day. And I was ok with it. My eyes were on the bigger prize.

Monday: Swim 2000 yards, 38 minutes
Tuesday: Taper run, 4 miles, 37 minutes
Wednesday: Nothing
Thursday: Swim ???
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Race day, 13.1 miles, 1:45:40

No comments:

Post a Comment