Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Marathon Training Week #16


Oh the curse of the taper! I never know exactly what to do except cut back on my mileage and intensity. This week's long run was "only" 13 miles, but it was still a long run. I made it fun by running from my front door to the beach. I met Skyler there, where we passed off Desmond, then Skyler ran home. The best part of my run was the "ice" bath in the ocean after. Some of my joints hurt a bit, but I know they will hold up for the race. EXCEPT for maybe my knees. They have been acting up again. I made it through almost all of my training without a problem and finally the old injury comes alive. Here's hoping to a pain-free race. Actually, I just need to make it through the race. If I'm in pain after, I'm ok with that.

Monday: Bike ride pulling trailer, 18.3 miles, 1:21
Tuesday: Temp run, 5 miles @ 7:00 with negative incline, 8 miles, 1 hour
Wednesday: Trainer, 15.5 miles, 55 minutes
& GNO Swim 2100 yards, 45 minutes
Thursday: Run with stroller, 6.6 miles, 1 hour
Friday: Trainer 16 miles, 1 hour
Saturday: Long run 13.1 miles, 1:49

No comments:

Post a Comment