Monday, June 11, 2012

From Baby to Ironman

Six months ago I pushed a giant baby out of my body. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. I thought I knew pain until that day. I had this delusion that labor would be easy because I was so active. I guess there really is no pre-determining factor on how easy/hard labor will be.

After my labor experience, I knew I could do anything. So when the opportunity came up to sign up for Ironman Arizona, I jumped at the chance. I once told myself I would never do an Ironman, but here I am $680 deep into a path I never thought would happen.

It's going to be a struggle to fit my training in between being a mom, running a business, and writing a blog, but I'm determined to make it happen.

Goals? No time goals yet. All I know is that I plan on not just finishing, but finishing fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment