Friday, June 22, 2012

Good to Know: I'm Not Harming My Baby

Just read an article that summarized a study that found that breastfeeding moms who exercise don't harm baby's growth. I didn't know people thought otherwise. I'm kinda annoyed that some people think that women shouldn't exercise while they are pregnant and also after the baby is born. Is it better for a baby to have an overweight, unhealthy mom? I exercised during all 9 months of my pregnancy (up until the day Desmond was born) and began exercising 4 weeks after he was born. I was cautious to pick activities that wouldn't harm my growing baby and didn't get my heart rate up to high. Next time, I will be even smarter since doctor's no longer caution a 140 hr max for pregnant woman. I always felt I could have worked out harder without negative consequences. 12 minute miles just seemed a little slow for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment