Friday, June 29, 2012

Getting Help

Skyler and I have been racing triathlons for 7 years. You would think that I would know everything about triathlon and training by now. But every year is different. We started with sprint triathlons for the first 2 years, then moved up to Olympic the next year, then 70.3 the next. Throw in marathons, Xterra triathlons, and trail running, and training takes a different turn. This year I am tackling an Ironman for the first time. As much as I'd like to think I know what I'm doing, I want to do the best I can because who knows when/if this opportunity will present itself to me again. So Skyler and I got a coach to help us figure out exactly what we should be doing every day. My fall race schedule is pretty full and I want to know how to do well at the races I've chosen, as well as peak at the correct times. Yesterday I sent my new coach my current training schedule. Good luck to all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment