Monday, June 18, 2012

Not Easy

Finding the time for triathlon training was hard enough when I didn't have a baby. Now, I have to do major planning to get it done. I can do most of my running with a jogging stroller. I can ride the trainer in my house for about an hour (while he's napping). I can attend boot camp (although he requires a lot of attention while I'm there). BUT I can't do outdoor rides or swim without Skyler's help. 

Because I don't want to sacrifice family time to get my training done, I wake up early (5:30am) to swim at the gym pool. I get home just in time to grab the baby before Skyler heads off to work. So far, the baby has stayed asleep while I'm gone, but sometimes he wakes up and Skyler has to tend to him until I get home.

For my long bike rides, Skyler and I have to switch off on Saturdays to both get our rides in. It sucks because that means that we don't see each other for most of the day, but that's just what happens in a dual-triathlete home.

No comments:

Post a Comment