Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lifetime Fitness Tri Series

Have you heard about the new triathlon series? Lifetime Fitness is starting a 12-event triathlon series of sprint and Olympic distance triathlons. 


I'm excited because the one that takes place in Southern California is at my favorite venue for racing -- Oceanside, CA. This race will happen on October 20, 2013. The swim is in Oceanside harbor, the same place at Ironman 70.3. The bike is on San Luis Rey express highway and is a loop course for the Olympic distance. The run takes place along Oceanside coastline, part of the course for Ironman 70.3 also.

They aren't many Olympic distance triathlons in my area (although San Diego has quite a few), so I'm definitely contemplating adding this race to my schedule this year. The price is $130, which is not bad for an Olympic distance tri. Count me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment