Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Weekend Training

After almost two months of being sick, holidays, and rain, I finally got my perfect weekend of climbing on my bike and a trail run.

Saturday was a 2-1/2 hour ride through my favorite canyon. Lots of hills and lots of work. The fun part was doing it all on my Cervelo road bike. I haven't ridden it since I got my tri bike last summer, but it was like "riding a bike." I felt way more confident on it then I do with my tri bike. It is because I'm getting more confident or because I like the compactness of the road bike?


For the first time in a long time I got a short transition run in after my bike ride. And it was a killer run! 4 miles at a 7:30 pace. I probably couldn't have been able to keep up that pace for 13.1 miles, but it felt great to go that fast after a tough ride.


Sunday was a GORGEOUS day. Perfect for a almost-10 mile trail run with the pup. Yes it was a bit slower than I would have liked, but Pumpkin couldn't have been happier. Hopefully I'll be ready for my trail race this Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment