Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Race Report: Divas 1/2 Marathon 2013

Looking back over my race reports today, I realized that I never wrote about my Divas 1/2 marathon from May. Maybe it's because I didn't consider it a race. Anyways...here it is!

Sparkle Athletic attended the Divas 1/2 Marathon expo in San Francisco, CA in May. We didn't have plans to run the race, but that changed the night before when we decided it would be the easiest way to take photos. So we signed up just hours before the race started.

Our hotel was about 1.5 miles from the start so we decided to jog to the start line as a warm-up. I was misinformed of the starting time and we quickly learned of that as we heard the starting gun as we were running to the start line. No biggie, right? It would be easier for photos.

By the time we got to the start line, everyone had left. We were the last people to start. Our plan was to run through the race and take as many photos with Team Sparkle friends as we could.

I have to admit...this was the most fun I've had in a 1/2 marathon ever. I guess that's what happens when you don't actually race. Carrie and I worked the cameras and ended up with 150 photos. We chatted with people, ran backwards, and photo bombed each other's pictures. It was awesome!



Divas puts on a great race! Near the end they hand out tiaras and feather boas. Then, you receive your medal from a shirtless fireman. After all that, they have champagne (and sparkling cider). Seriously, these race directors know what they are doing.

And even after all the stops, photos, and talking, I finished in 1:56:26. Not bad.

I'm looking forward to our next Divas race.

No comments:

Post a Comment