Friday, July 26, 2013

Marathon Training Week #7


I used to get butterflies every time I thought about running the treadmill at the gym because that meant SPEED INTERVALS. And running fast scares me. Or at least it used to.

I've been hammering the treadmill lately with my speed and tempo workouts. I've been sticking with my 3 days a week running schedule and I feel it's been working. I'm not killing my knees and I'm getting faster. Oh, and I discovered negative incline on the treadmill. Hooray! This will be great for my downhill training!

Monday: Swim 2300 yards
Tuesday: Speed intervals on treadmill, 1:01, 8 miles, 8x800 @ 6:40
Wednesday: Rode outside! Hill sprints, 6 x Cannon hill, 22.1 miles, 1:49
Thursday: Temp Run, 60 minutes, 8 miles, 3 @ 7:30, then 4 @ 7:00 with negative incline
Friday: Trainer, 70 minutes, 20 miles
Saturday: Trail run with Skyler, 16 miles, 2:38, 1/2 downhill

No comments:

Post a Comment