Wednesday, October 24, 2012

90 miles

Skyler and I used to both ride on Saturday mornings and would have the rest of the day to relax and hang out. Now we have to do a lot of planning to get our long rides in so that our baby boy has somebody babysitting him.

Skyler knew we both needed super long rides, so he took a day off work to give us more time. It took a lot of time managing, but we did it and I got a 90 mile ride completed.

I started my ride going up Katella to Jamboree. Just 6 miles into the ride my chain got jammed. Luckily I was able to call Skyler to come help me out. It rained while I waited for him, but luckily that was the only time. 45 minutes later I was back on the road. I worried this was a sign of a bad ride, but fortunately nothing bad happened for the remaining 85 miles.


I rode about 50 miles to Yorba Linda where Skyler joined me. He had dropped the baby at my parent's house for a few hours. We rode together (something we haven't done in a long time) out to Corona. We did a lot of climbing. It was great riding with Skyler. I wish we could do it more often. 


Around mile 80 we separated and I rode 10 more miles to finish off an even 90 miles (he had to get back to the baby). I felt like I could have ridden further, but I was chasing sunlight to finish 90. I felt great after I finished. My longest consecutive ride ever. Ironman, I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment