Friday, October 26, 2012

I Love You, Kids Club




To get my swimming done, I used to get up super early to go to the gym before hubby had to leave for work. If you know me, you know I hate getting up early. About three months ago I decided it was time to introduce Desmond (and me) to the Kids Club at 24 Hour Fitness.

Hallelujah!

And just like that, life got so much better! Well, it took a while, but we are getting there. The first few times little D cried the whole time he was in there. But with the help of Wanda (the morning babysitter), I am learning how to make the experience better for D.

I know he needs a pacifier strap, a bottle, and a blanket that smells like me. And of course he loves Wanda because she will hold him the whole time. I've also learned the best time of day to go (around noon) because that's when it's almost empty and Wanda has the time to give all of her attention to him.

Wanda is super amazing because she understands that parents are at the gym to work out and need that time. So even if a kid is crying, she will do her best to soothe that child instead of immediately paging the parent. They have only had to come get me twice and that was because Wanda wasn't there.

Today I picked up D and he was happily playing with Wanda's hands as she held him. It made me so happy. And I got 3000 yards in so that made me even happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment