Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My First Road Crash

Last weekend Skyler and I raced Orangeman in Dana Point. This was just a training race for both of us, so I wasn't too concerned about time. Plus I knew the bike course was killer so it couldn't be compared to Oceanside.

Well, three miles from the finish of the bike I got in a crash. The yellow caution tape got tangled on my handlebars and pulled me down. I crashed hard on my left side. My elbow got the worst of it. I got checked by the paramedics and cleared to finish the race, which I did, but not very fast.

The past 9 days have been extremely difficult because I want to train but I'm hampered by my injury. I can run relatively fine. I can bike on the trainer so I can lean on my right side. But swimming in out. I've done two very painful workouts and it just isn't working.

I got checked on in urgent care this morning to make sure nothing is broken and I'm ok. But I'm not supposed to swim for a while. Well, Ironman is in 6 1/2 weeks and I kinda need to swim. Ahhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment