Thursday, October 25, 2012

Ironman Fears

It's hard to believe that Ironman is less than 4 weeks away. At time I feel ready and at other times I wish I had had some time to do this or that. It's too late to do any training that will really affect my race positively, so I just need to bank on the fact that I've done the work and hope that it's enough.

My biggest fear for the race is that something mechanical happens to my bike and it can't be fixed. If I don't finish, I want it to be because I physically can't finish, not because of a bike issue. That would be so frustrating and disappointing.

Another issue is my bike fit. I didn't get professionally fit and I feel like I don't fit correctly. It's very painful to sit on my bike for any time longer than 30 minutes, both in aero and upright position. This is something to worry about because I'll be sitting on my bike for almost 7 hours on race day. I haven't figured out exactly what is wrong, but it's probably too late by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment