Monday, November 5, 2012

Here Come the Doubts

As I began last weekend's brick workout, the winds were pushing pretty strong against me. Frustration and negative thoughts formed in my head as I began to recall all the training I've done for Ironman. Actually, I should say that I began dwelling on what I should have done or how I could have pushed harder.

Doubts.

They always accompany tapering for me. I think about squeezing in one last interval run or sprints in the pool or hill repeats on the bike. But it's too late to make a difference. My training is done. There's nothing I can do to make myself faster. I just need to let it be.

Race day will come and I need to reflect on the hard work I HAVE done. I haven't been sitting on the couch for the past 6 months. I've been training like a mad woman with every free second I have. Almost every day I picture that moment when I will cross the finish line and those magic words will be said about me...

1 comment:

  1. Tapering is the worst. I felt awful during my taper and still had a great race! You are going to do great - like you said, the hay is in the barn. Just hang out and rest!

    ReplyDelete