Friday, December 28, 2012

Getting back into the swing of things



I'm finally getting back to speed training. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love being fast and I love feeling like I pushed hard. BUT I seriously dread those workouts. The treadmill gives me butterflies because that's where the speed work happens.

Doing just one workout a day doesn't seem like enough after Ironman training. So I've been throwing in some 2-a-days recently. Last Wednesday I attended my boot camp class (which was a running day). Afterwards I did my tempo run. Six miles with the two middle miles at a fast pace. 

It's tough to do my tempo runs with a stroller and dog because my "fast" miles tend to be close to my "slow" miles. This day, I was alone and ready to push hard. I actually ended up doing three fast miles: 7:26 (uphill and headwind), 6:55, and 6:54. Yippee! I couldn't have been happier. My half-marathon training is going great!

No comments:

Post a Comment