Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Getting Strong


After I had Desmond, one of the first things I did to get back into shape was attending a local boot camp class. I remember trying to plank for the first time. Wow, my core was completely gone. I guess that's what happens when you don't do any ab work for six months.

I attended Hit the Mark Fitness boot camp several times a week. My favorite days were Wednesdays because that was running day. So pretty much my favorite day was the easiest day. Go figure.

I kept going for about six months until my Ironman got close. I didn't need the strength training as much and I didn't want to be too sore to do my top-priority training sessions. But I certainly missed going.

Well, Ironman is over and now it's somewhat of off-season for racing. So I figure this is the best time to work on strength training. I would like to get some PRs in running next year and I want to do it by becoming stronger in my legs.

I'm back at Hit the Mark 2-3 times a week and I'm loving it! I'm attempting to attend on the days where we focus on arms and legs. I want to be stronger so I can get faster. Here's to a faster 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment