Friday, December 14, 2012

My Holiday Gift Guide 2012

My favorite time of year is definitely Christmastime. I have to force myself to wait until Thanksgiving to start listening to Christmas music. (By the way: The Glee Holiday Pandora station is awesome!) I just love the cold air, the Christmas lights, and holiday parties. And of course I love sugar cookies!

My Christmas list is pretty much an average triathlete wish list. Running socks, gels, more running shoes, etc. I'm very fortunate to have everything I could possibly need, but in the triathlete world, there are always more toys to lust after. I've put together a list of some cool gift ideas. It's always fun to wish for new things.

A must-have on this Ironmom's list is unlimited babysitting at 24 Hour Fitness. It's already a killer deal at $4 for 2 hours of babysitting, but they also offer unlimited babysitting for $20/month! Come January when I start training for my 70.3, I'm going to be at the gym almost every day.




I'm a big believer in compression. How else could I have been almost pain-free a day after my Ironman? The only problem with compression is how boring it is. CEP does makes some fluorescent calf sleeves, but still, I want something with color. I ran across these compression sleeves from Lunatik Athletiks and I fell in love. I love stripey socks! Is the quality as great as Skins, who knows? 



I work out A LOT, which means I go through LOTS of sports bras every week. But I have to admit that none of them flatter me like The Handful Bra says it will. A bra that will flatter, not flatten? Yes please. Since I'm done breastfeeding, I could definitely use an extra boost.



My absolute most favorite pair of running shorts is Lululemon Speed Short. I only have one pair (in black) and I actually plan out which day I will wear them. Yes, I love them that much. I wish I had more, but they are $54. A little pricey for me, but well worth it. I'm loving these gray, pink, and black ones and hope I've been good enough for Santa to bring me another pair this year.



You would think I'd be sick of gel-based nutrition after sucking down 20 during my Ironman. Surprisingly, it still remains my favorite way to get calories during training and races. I usually take Vanilla Clif Shots because it's the most plain and tastes kind of like vanilla pudding. But lately I've been using Chocolate Cherry Clif Shot Turbo because of the 2 shots of caffeine. I usually avoid caffeine during a race that I'm pushing hard because it messes with my heart rate, but when I'm on my bike or need an extra boost I go for these. (P.S. I like Clif Shot better than other brands because of the thinner consistency. I suck at drinking liquids while running, so I need all the help I can get.)



I don't race without a Team Sparkle skirt. I used to be too serious of an athlete to wear a skirt during a race, but Team Sparkle has changed me. I love looking cute and dressing up for races. Plus the reflective properties of the sparkle makes them great for night running. I'm running a few Disney races soon so I think I need the Red Polka Dot skirt.


I love running clothing. And anything I can pass off as normal clothes is even better. I was recently introduced to Oiselle and I love all their tees! This is my favorite. I will have to buy it if Santa doesn't bring it.

Photo


My friends still aren't sold on the coconut water magic, but I certainly am. I always drink some before a race and if possible, post-race too. Sadly, it's not cheap, so I can't drink it as much as I'd like. O.N.E. is my favorite brand of coconut water and their flavors are so delicious -- Pink Guava being my favorite. If I could have a whole case for Christmas, I would be one happy girl...for a week at least.

Photo


Trail Shoes. I'm on the look-out for new trail shoes, but I'm not quite sure what brand. My current ones are 3-year old Mizunos and they feel like bricks. I need something a big lighter and maybe more flashy. Any suggestions?

What are your wish list favorites this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment