Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ran to the Top of Black Star Canyon

This isn't normal marathon training. The St. George Marathon is a downhill marathon, so I need to incorporate downhill training into the mix. Orange is pretty flat, so I knew I'd have to hit the trails to find my downhills.

Saturday morning Skyler and I got a babysitter for Des and we headed out to Black Star Canyon. I was so excited that I couldn't sleep the night before. The weather was perfect and there was even some sprinkles at the beginning.

Black Star is 8 miles up and 8 miles down. The up was just a conduit to get to the downhill. I really enjoyed the run and of course I loved that Skyler and I got to run together.

We made it to the top in 1:29. I was sweaty, but felt great. I couldn't wait to run down.

I thought running down would be faster, but we maintained an 8:00 pace. We came down in about 1:05.

I loved this trail and can't wait to do it again! I felt great for the rest of the day, but the next day my legs were sore. I felt like I had run a marathon.





No comments:

Post a Comment