Thursday, August 22, 2013

Marathon Training Week #11

WHAT A WEEK!!

This is what training should be about! I had been waiting for this week since we started our marathon training three months ago. I knew this run was going to be awesome, mixed with some pain and struggles, but well worth it. I wrote about my whole experience a few days ago. Kauai was a great place for getting lots of run done. This week was my highest mileage and frequency for running. My knees and IT bands were definitely sore at the end of the week. I'll be cutting back next week for sure.

Monday: Kalalau Trail, 22 miles, 8 hours
Tuesday: Rest day!
Wednesday: Shake-out run, 6.5 miles, 0:57
Thursday: Easy family run: 3 miles, 0:30
Friday: Treadmill tempo run: 7 miles, 0:53
Saturday: Swim 2600 yards, 0:53
Sunday: Long run 16 miles, 2:20






No comments:

Post a Comment